What is the cost to register on this site?
Nothing. There are no registration fees. Its FREE!!!!
How much does it cost for sellers to place listings?
How do I place a listing?
How do I calculate shipping?
The cost of shipping is up to the seller. You can offer free shipping or include a flat fee for shipping. A single golf club will cost $12-$15 to ship. To calculate estimated shipping charges click here
Now that I sold my item, what do I do?
After an auction or a buy now have sold, the buyer will receive a message on their My Account page with a PayPal link to pay for the item. The buyer will also receive an email message from SpareGolf notifying them about their winning bid/purchase and the message will have the link to PayPal. The seller will receive an email message from SpareGolf notifying them that the item was sold and the message will include the buyer's email address so the seller can contact them directly for alternative payments and/or shipping information. If you have any issues or additional questions, please contact us.
Is this site secure?
Yes. Your transactions are protected by the latest encryption technology. Sparegolf.com is also verified with PayPal and Authorize.net
How do I find what I'm looking for?
You have several options:
- We offer a quick search form on the front page for you to enter keywords to search.
- We offer an Advanced Search page for you to refine your search criteria.
- We offer browsing filters when you are browsing by category.
- If you already know what you are looking for you can browse the categories listed on the left side of the site's pages.
What is a reserve price?
A reserve price is a dollar amount the seller has chosen that must be met and if not then the seller does not have to sell the item.
Can I save items to revisit later?
Yes. You can maintain your own "favorites" list within your account. Each listing on our site has an "add to favorites" link. Simply click that link and we will add that item to your favorites list.
What if I can't find what I'm looking for?
You can set up search filters within your account area. Our site will then screen all new listings, as they are placed on the site, and if an item is listed that meets your filter (search) criteria, we will automatically send you an email notification.
How do I know if the item is authentic?
Unfortunately, in the golf equipment business there is a large counterfeit market. SpareGolf would like to assume that its sellers are legitimate and respectful of the intergrity of golf and the laws of this country. However, we realize that we must be proactive. Ultimately, the policy is caveat emptor which means buyer beware. However, SpareGolf provides the following tip to avoid a potential counterfeit transaction:
- Check out the sellers ratings and history. Typically, sellers with a positive well established history are not in the counterfeit business.
- Ask the seller for the serial numbers. Manufacturers will have some form of a serial number or code on the hosel. If you get the serial number verify it with the manufacturer.
- Look for actual photographs not stock photos of the item and compare to the manufacturer photos. Usually you can notice some slight difference.
- If it seems to good to be true it probably is.
- If you suspect a counterfeit item or get defrauded, please contact us immediately so we can take immediate action against the seller and assist you with contact the authorities. If you contact us prior to the close of the auction, we will investigate the item and if determined to be authentic we will guarantee the purchase for you.
Is there any buyer protection program?
Yes. If you feel the item you purchased is not authentic or the listing was not accurate to the product description, please call us at 1-866-441-9405 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do buyers and sellers communicate with each other?
We provide buyers with the ability to contact the seller through a form that is accessible on each of the seller's listing pages. The seller will then be notified by email of the buyer's questions and the seller can either reply by email or log in to their account and reply through our onsite messaging system. The seller can choose to keep their email address anonymous.